Attributes, experience and qualifications needed for success:
- Experience selling a tangeable product to builders.
- Possesses a hunter mentality.
- Team focused with strong ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to develop strong, long lasting relationships with customers.
- Ability to get to the decision maker with large dealers and develop a plan to convert business.
- Strong understanding of what’s important to the customer.
- Self-disciplined – ability to prioritize tasks, create plans, and execute those plans.
- Sales ability - skilled at cold calling without becoming discouraged by rejection.
- Strong competitive drive and the desire to win.
- Creative problem solving ability and perseverance to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to think on feet in selling situations and make decisions in the selling process in line with company goals, guidelines and objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks without losing productivity.
- Flexible and adaptive with the ability to offer solutions to customer problems in the moment.
- Effective at presenting to large groups.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong follow through.
- Desire to probe into situations and uncover opportunities that may not be obvious.
- Skilled at motivating others to carry through plans and commitments.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Skilled in the use of CRM software and Microsoft office including PowerPoint.
- Proactively stays current on trends in market with regard to codes, products, needs.
- Ability to travel up to 70% of time overnight.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education or experience.
- Four to ten years’ experience in progressive sales roles.
- Demonstrated track record of sales success.
- A competitive salary with commission and bonus opportunity, a company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, and company credit card.
- A comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401(k) with company match and generous profit sharing (6% in 2017),
- a platinum-rated low deductible health insurance plan,
- dental and vision insurance,
- three types of life insurance coverage,
- vacation and holiday pay,
- company-sponsored short and long term disability plans,
- progressive wellness programming for you and your family (including a company nurse/wellness educator and fitness programs),
- extensive training and support,
- a family-oriented corporate culture,
- strong values,
- opportunity for career growth,
- and much much more.
Aprilaire, a Division of Research Products Corporation
1015 E. Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
Applicants have rights under federal and state employment laws:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) En Español
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) En Español
Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave Act (WFMLA) En Español
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) En Español
Aprilaire is an E-Verify company.