Attributes, experience and qualifications needed for success:
- Outside sales experience, preferably business to business.
- Skilled at cold calling without becoming discouraged by rejection.
- Technical aptitude with the ability to develop a deep technical understanding of our products.
- Ability to overcome price objections by selling on value.
- Ability to get to the decision maker and develop a plan to grow business.
- Strong focus on what’s important to the customer
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to teach non-salespeople how to sell.
- Strong competitive drive and the desire to win.
- Creative problem solving ability and the perseverance to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to think on feet in selling situations and make decisions in the selling process that benefit the customer and the company.
- Achievement oriented with an upward sloping trend of performance.
- Flexible and adaptive with the ability to offer solutions to customer problems in the moment.
- Effective at presenting to large groups.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong follow through.
- Desire to probe into situations and uncover opportunities that may not be obvious.
- Skilled at motivating others to carry through plans and commitments.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Self-disciplined and motivated to work hard with limited supervision.
- Ability to maximize the value of the CRM system.
- Experience with two-step distribution a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales and marketing, or related field desired but not required.
- A competitive salary with commission and bonus opportunity, a company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, and company credit card.
- A comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401(k) with company match and generous profit sharing (6% in 2017),
- a platinum-rated low deductible health insurance plan,
- dental and vision insurance,
- three types of life insurance coverage,
- vacation and holiday pay,
- company-sponsored short and long term disability plans,
- progressive wellness programming for you and your family (including a company nurse/wellness educator and fitness programs),
- extensive training and support,
- a family-oriented corporate culture,
- strong values,
- opportunity for career growth,
- and much much more.
Apply online with your resume. Online applicants only please. www.aprilaire.com/jobs
Aprilaire, a Division of Research Product Corporation
1015 East Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 1467
Madison, WI 53701-1467
Applicants have rights under federal and state employment laws:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) En Español
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) En Español
Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave Act (WFMLA) En Español
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) En Español
Aprilaire is an E-Verify company.