Are you an ambitious sales professional with excellent communication skills and the ability to think on your feet? Do you thrive in an environment where you can influence product development in the process of selling solutions to your customer? Do you enjoy the challenge of generating leads and actively managing the sales process to a successful close? All yes responses? Read on!
Aprilaire®, division of Research Products Corporation, is celebrating our 80th year in business. We are a successful, proactive, sales growth company, and are seeking a talented Sales Representative - Dehumidifiers to increase sales of Aprilaire dehumidifiers through waterproofing, pest control, and remediation contractors in the southeast. This brand new role will support rapid growth in the dehumidification product category by focusing 80% of their time on sales execution and 20% on the development of new products, modifications of existing products, and support materials for new customers.
• Execute business development plans for new and existing accounts in the channel.
• Contribute to the development of the annual sales plan in order to maximize revenue opportunities and optimize profits.
• Identify business opportunities through categorizing prospects by position in the market and then researching and analyzing sales options; seek out, sell and retain key accounts.
• Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and strategic partners including pest control, restoration, and water proofing contractors.
• Assist the National Dehumidification Sales Manager with strategic administrative functions, such as forecasting, pricing, customer support, and service.
• Generate leads and develop new long-term customers. Actively manage the sales process to a successful close.
• Train accounts on technical installation and application as well as selling products to their customers.
• Gather VOC data and provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering for the purpose of product development and modification; remain current on industry trends and competitor innovations.
• Work with Marketing to develop targeted marketing tools that provide compelling advertising solutions and supporting materials.
• Implement marketing strategies that drive profitable sales and increase market share.
• Proven track record of sales growth.
• Experience developing and executing sales plans.
• Ability to demonstrate value added selling approach.
• Experience developing training materials from both technical and sales standpoint.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
• Strong sense of urgency and a willingness to roll up sleeves and work hard to make things happen.
• Flexible and adaptive with the ability to offer solutions to customer problems on the spot.
• Creativity and critical thinking skills with the ability to uncover opportunities that may not be obvious.
• Skilled at finding alternative product design options that will control cost, quality, and meet customer needs.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong follow through on commitments made.
• Ability to motivate others to carry through plans and commitments.
• Analytical and detail oriented.
• Skilled at closing business owners and/or C-level decision makers.
• Ability to develop strong, long lasting relationships with customers.
• A team player.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent education or job-related training.
• Four to ten years experience in sales. Background selling an industrial product preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
A competitive salary with commission and bonus opportunity, laptop, cell phone, and company credit card and a comprehensive benefits package including:
Aprilaire, a Division of Research Products Corporation
1015 E. Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
Applicants have rights under federal and state employment laws:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) En Español
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) En Español
Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave Act (WFMLA) En Español
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) En Español
Aprilaire is an E-Verify company.