Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 12 years of software design and development experience
- Minimum 3 years in one or more specific IoT / embedded / Machine-to-Machine (M2M) industry (i.e. home automation, business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.) with successful multiple project executions
- Minimum 3 years working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with deployment, configuration, administration and ongoing support of backend IoT software based on cloud platforms like AWS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a Software team
- Certified in AWS Solution architect desirable
- GitHub / BitBucket experience desirable
Additionally, to be successful in this role, you will have experience and/or knowledge and understanding with:
- Solution architecture, desired. Ability to take system level user stories, and determine components, frameworks, architecture, messages, storage, etc. to design and deliver a cloud based architecture.
- Systems infrastructure with deep domain expertise in areas such as networking, storage, high availability, cloud security, application performance, reusability, etc.
- Mobile app development using mobile app Software Development Kits (SDK) (iOS or Android)
- Coding practices and standards, including object-oriented design, code refactoring, and code documentation
- Relational databases, MS SQL Server, including experience in data modeling and creating T-SQL queries and stored procedures
- Internet protocols and web server communications, including HTTP, TCP, UDP, Web Sockets, etc.
- MQTT & AMQP
- Internet security and best practices, SSL/TLSS, PKE, etc.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with non-technical users
- Agile/Scrum environment
- Software versioning systems using GIT
- Machine learning applications/products
- Remote data via third-party APIs and JSON
- Provisioning, commissioning and remote device management in the context of IoT
- Bug tracking system such as JIRA and strong debugging skills
- Continuous integration tools, automated testing frameworks, etc.
- Leading cross-functional teams
- Leading a team in people development, leading change, and managing conflict
- Highly effective written and verbal communication with all levels of the organization and with external contacts
- Ability to work remote if residing outside of Wisconsin. Requirements if working remotely:
- Training in Madison, WI headquarters the first three weeks of employment
- Minimum of one week per month working onsite at Corporate Headquarters in Madison, WI
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR ALL! At Aprilaire, a division of Research Products Corporation, our employees are our most important resource. That's why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks, and why we create a shared purpose in giving back to our communities.
We care about your health by providing...
- a comprehensive health insurance plan
- dental and vision insurance
- flexible spending account
- progressive wellness programming for you and your family (including a company nurse/wellness educator and fitness programs and incentives)
- sick leave pay
We care about your wellbeing by providing...
- vacation and holiday pay
- summer hours
- dress for the day (casual dress code)
- free coffee and popcorn
- employee discounts on Aprilaire products
- wireless discounts
We care when you need it most by providing...
- company-sponsored short and long term disability plans
- employee assistant program
- identity theft protection
- bereavement pay
We care about your financial wellness by providing...
- 401(k) with company match and generous profit sharing
- three types of life insurance coverage
- college savings plan
- scholarship awards
We care about your growth by providing...
- tuition reimbursement program
- learning and development opportunities
We care about our community by...
- giving back to local charities through fundraising, volunteering, and charitable events
- sponsoring employees and immediate family members for their participation in charitable events
Aprilaire, a Division of Research Product Corporation
1015 East Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 1467
Madison, WI 53701-1467
Applicants have rights under federal and state employment laws:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) En Español
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) En Español
Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave Act (WFMLA) En Español
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) En Español
Aprilaire is an E-Verify company.