Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or a related field with 12-15 years demonstrated experience in embedded systems design and development
- 5 years' experience in the HVAC industry, with a focus on design and manufacturing of Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) equipment embedded controls
- 5 years' experience leading electronics control teams
Additionally, to be successful in this role, you will have experience with:
- Leading electronics design projects through launch and production
- Regulations, standards and codes such as those produced or endorsed by, but not limited to UL, IEC, IEEE, NEMA, NEC etc.
- Environmental, reliability and qualification testing
- Root cause analysis and corrective action principles
- Embedded systems design (system, hardware, and firmware) for medium to high volume applications
- Electronic controls New Product Introduction (NPI) process improvement
- CAD package for schematics capture and PCD layout (Altium preferred)
- Oscilloscopes, multi-meters, emulators, and debuggers and simulators
- RF design, high speed digital design and analog and digital senor interfaces
- Communications interfaces (including SPI, 12C, RS-232, RS-485)
- Embedded systems firmware development using programming language like C, C++
- RTOS such as embedded Linux, free RTOS, low level device drivers
- Specifying electronic manufacturing processes and environmental and reliability testing of electronic designs
- Design of high volume (10,000-50,000) electronic assemblies, working with HVAC equipment
- Data acquisition systems
- Leading complex product development cycles
- Leading cross-functional teams
- Leading a team in people development, leading change, and managing conflict
- Leadership abilities including trust, confidence, coaching and mentoring
- Hands-on, progressive and creative thought leader
- Highly effective written and verbal communication with all levels of the organization and with external contacts
- Residential HVAC controls, such as thermostats, zoning, indoor air quality, and equipment controls
- Networked controls and software solutions
- Building and/or home automation standards
- Electronic controls trends and technologies
- Knowledge of controls systems, standards, and trends in North America
- Electronic controls manufacturing technologies and supplier relationships
- Commercial building management control systems
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR ALL! At Aprilaire, a division of Research Products Corporation, our employees are our most important resource. That's why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks, and why we create a shared purpose in giving back to our communities.
We care about your health by providing...
- a comprehensive health insurance plan
- dental and vision insurance
- flexible spending account
- progressive wellness programming for you and your family (including a company nurse/wellness educator and fitness programs and incentives)
- sick leave pay
We care about your wellbeing by providing...
- vacation and holiday pay
- summer hours
- dress for the day (casual dress code)
- free coffee and popcorn
- employee discounts on Aprilaire products
- wireless discounts
We care when you need it most by providing...
- company-sponsored short and long term disability plans
- employee assistant program
- identity theft protection
- bereavement pay
We care about your financial wellness by providing...
- 401(k) with company match and generous profit sharing
- three types of life insurance coverage
- college savings plan
- scholarship awards
We care about your growth by providing...
- tuition reimbursement program
- learning and development opportunities
We care about our community by...
- giving back to local charities through fundraising, volunteering, and charitable events
- sponsoring employees and immediate family members for their participation in charitable events
Aprilaire, a Division of Research Product Corporation
1015 East Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 1467
Madison, WI 53701-1467
Applicants have rights under federal and state employment laws:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) En Español
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) En Español
Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave Act (WFMLA) En Español
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) En Español
Aprilaire is an E-Verify company.