If the below describes “Me!”, apply today:
- BS in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Physics, or a related technical field
- Black Belt training & certification is preferred
- HVAC, appliance, air purity, filters, embedded controls & IoT experience preferred
- 7-10+ years of people management experience
- Thorough understanding and practical use of FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), DFR (Design for Reliability), DFSS(Design for Six Sigma), and DFM (Design for Manufacturability), Awareness of FRACAS and Living FMEA is important.
- Success in planning, commissioning, operating & managing reliability and/or failure analysis labs
- Failure Review Board experience, including Root Cause and Corrective Actions
- Strong analytical skills and statistical knowledge including Design of Experiments, Statistical Process Control, Reliability Life-Time Predictions, Weibull, etc…
- Thorough understanding of quality and reliability standards and requirements for consumer, industrial and automotive markets
- Experience in materials and parts engineering
- Supplier source selection (technical basis)
- Ability to present technical information to stakeholders and to customers
- Ability to train and mentor staff in reliability and quality disciplines
- Strong Leadership skills, proven history to lead and manage engineering teams
- Participate in manufacturing MRB (Material Review Board) to drive root cause, implement corrective action and disposition discrepant material.
- Experience leading failure investigations and/or performing failure analysis leading to root cause and corrective action
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated managerial, leadership, and/or project management experience
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR ALL! At Aprilaire, a division of Research Products Corporation, our employees are our most important resource. That's why we offer comprehensive benefits and unique perks, and why we create a shared purpose in giving back to our communities.
We care about your health by providing...
- a comprehensive health insurance plan
- dental and vision insurance
- flexible spending account
- progressive wellness programming for you and your family (including fitness programs and incentives)
- paid sick leave
- a safe working environment that protects you during the COVID pandemic
We care about your wellbeing by providing...
- vacation and holiday pay
- summer hours
- dress for the day (casual dress code)
- free coffee and popcorn
- employee discounts on Aprilaire products
- a fantastic team environment
We care when you need it most by providing...
- company-sponsored short and long term disability plans
- employee assistant program
- identity theft protection
- bereavement pay
We care about your financial wellness by providing...
- 401(k) with company match and generous profit sharing
- three types of life insurance coverage
- college savings plan
- scholarship awards
We care about your growth by providing...
- tuition reimbursement program
- learning and development opportunities
We care about our community by...
- giving back to local charities through fundraising, volunteering, and charitable events
- sponsoring employees and immediate family members for their participation in charitable events
Applicants have rights under federal and state employment laws:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) En Español
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) En Español
Wisconsin Family and Medical Leave Act (WFMLA) En Español
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) En Español
Aprilaire is an E-Verify company